It has often been said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that holds true for art, people, and fashion. What one person might find beautiful, another may find repugnant and vice versa. Fashion in particular seems to bring out extremes in all of us and that is no more apparent than in the big runway shows held all over the world. While most of us look at the fashions on display and wonder who would ever be caught dead wearing such gaudy items, there are plenty more who would willing shell out thousands of dollars to own that particular piece.
You are unlikely to find any of those outlandish fashion articles at your local department store, but what you will find is a great selection of designer clothes at prices you can afford. You can make save money on your clothes by using one of our Macys promo codes when you decide to do your shopping. Macys has clothes that you can feel and look good in, without having to adopt that rail-thin look that supermodels seem so keen to adopt. I love Macys not just for their good deals, but also because they have great designer brands. As I’ve already said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but here is my list of the top 10 ugliest supermodels:
1. Kate Moss
One of the most successful supermodels of all time, yet also one of the least attractive. Miss Moss is super-thin, which is no real surprise, but she also has eyes that seem somehow to far apart on her slender face. Its not difficult to see the toll her disgusting smoking, drinking, and drug habits have taken on her skin and face. I never thought she was attractive, but if you just saw the pictures below you would think she was a granny on crack!
2. Naomi Campbell
Miss Campbell makes this list as much for her angry, diva outbursts as she does for her lack of beauty. I’m well aware that many find her stunning, but for me, her acidic personality removes all of that.
3. Janice Dickinson
Almost as famous now for her reality TV antics as she was for her modeling career back in the day, Janice has become a caricature of her former self, mostly due to the blatantly obvious plastic surgeries she has endured.
4. Jerry Hall
I’ve always found Jerry Hall to be more than just a little masculine, although she always looked fantastic when she stood beside Mick Jagger. But let’s face it, roadkill looks good when placed next to Mick.
5. Hilary Rhoda
Many have compared Miss Rhoda to a young Brooke Shields, and while that may seem like a compliment, it probably has more to do with the fact that both women sport a set of spectacularly dark bushy eyebrows. If I wanted to see that much facial hair on a woman I’d go to the circus.
6. Filippa Hamilton
To me, Filippa could actually be passed off as the masculine twin of Hilary Rhoda. She has lovely hair and a nice frame, but there is just a little too much man in her facial appearance.
7. Shalom Harlow
This may sound like nit-picking, but the shape of Shalom’s neck just gives me the creeps. It’s altogether too thin for her quite pretty face and is supported by a pair of overly exposed collar bones.
8. Gabrielle Reese
Although not technically a supermodel, Gabby graced more than her fair share of magazine covers after quitting the pro beach volleyball circuit. Again it all comes down to a masculine face and body type, although many would call it athletic rather than masculine.
9. Malgosia Bela
It may just be the way that they choose to make her up, but it seems as though every picture I have seen of Miss Bela makes it look as though she is about to finally transform into one of the walking dead.
10. Claudia Schiffer
I may be on my own with this one as most of my male friends thought she was quite simply the hottest woman in the world at one point. To be honest I can’t exactly pinpoint what it is about her that turns me off, but in fairness to Miss Schiffer I will say that she is the best looking of this bunch.
So there you have my list of 10 supermodels that I find to be a little less than super. I’m sure people will think I am some vain, misogynistic cad that thinks women are nothing but sex objects put here for our pleasure, but they would be wrong. I am in fact a bald, portly man who thinks that women are wonderful creatures, even when they don’t give me the time of day. This list is purely subjective and all comes down to taste. If you want to see what sort of beauty and personality I behold when it comes to the ladies, then you have to go check out this website.
When we are forced to travel on business or vacation, we like to make sure that the hotel we hunker down in has all the comforts of home, without a big price tag. We would all love to be able to stay in a luxury spot, especially on vacation, but it sometimes isn’t possible. Traveling during peak seasons or weekends usually means running into a hotel that has its rates jacked up to take advantage of the incoming tourist trade. You can’t blame them for trying to make money, just as they can’t fault you for using Hotels.com coupon codes to get yourself a little deal on one of their rooms.
Chances are you will use one of those great coupons to get a room at a well-know, chain hotel, but what would you do if you could have the vacation of a lifetime, choosing any hotel you wanted? Most of you would probably opt for a swanky, upscale place where you would be treated like a king or a queen for the duration of your stay, but perhaps the more adventurous among you would try out on of these rather odd hotels.
1. The Ice Hotel – This hotel in Sweden is exactly as advertised and is totally made out of ice. You can choose between a hot or cold room, although it’s unclear why anyone would choose cold, and each visit offers something new. That is because the entire place is rebuilt every season, with each room getting a complete makeover. This is a hotel that takes the word “cool” to a whole new level.
2. Utter Inn – The Swedes seem to have cornered the market on strange hotels and they don’t come much stranger then The Utter Inn. From a distance the rooms look like a little red cabin floating in the middle of a lake, but once you get there, you step inside, take a little ladder downstairs and have an underwater living space. The Utter Inn takes the term ‘ocean view room’ to a whole new level! Getting room service might be something of a problem though.
3. Jules’ Undersea Lodge – Not to be outdone by those pesky Swedes, the US has its own underwater lodge located in Florida. The main difference is that your room has to be accessed from under the water, which means that you have to be scuba certified in order to stay. The good news is that you can be certified and check-in on the same day.
4. Propeller Island Hotel – This hotel in Germany is pretty unremarkable, unless of course you are going there to stay at one room in particular. That would be their Vampire Room, complete with coffins instead of beds. If you have to pay by debit or credit card at this place I just wonder if you have to have an account at the blood bank. All the rooms are weird in their own way, but this room takes the cake.
5. Capsule Hotels – Those who like the close confines of the coffins in the Vampire Room might very well enjoy these little spaces in Japan. They look like an oversized washer from the outside and the interior is nothing more than a mattress and a TV. The overcrowding in Japan has made these space saving spots somewhat essential, but if you are over 6 feet tall you might actually be more comfortable in the coffin.
6. Jumbo Hostel – It’s back to Sweden for this cool hotel that is actually built inside an old 747 airliner. Surprisingly enough, the interior holds 27 rooms, with the honeymoon suite located in the cockpit. One of the wings has been turned into an observation deck and it’s actually considered to be something of a budget hotel, despite its originality.
7. Waitanic – Located in New Zealand, the Waitanic hotel is a former WWII patrol boat that has been turned into a luxury hotel that houses 4 suites. Don’t let the familiarity of the name fool you though, this boat has managed to stay afloat since 1942, so there is no need to sleep with a life preserver.
8. The Poseidon Hotel – Underwater hotels seem to be a common theme when it comes to strange hotels, and this one in Fiji looks like one of the coolest. The entire wall of the room is open to the clear blue waters outside and guests can spend hours watching the underwater life go by as they relax in bed. If you start to hear water dripping though, it might be time to head to the lobby.
9. The Salt Hotel – This is one place that might not be very welcome of built next door to the Ice Hotel, especially since, as the name suggests, the entire place is built out of salt. Located in Bolivia in the heart of a massive salt desert, there really isn’t much to see or do here, yet it continues to be a major attraction. There is a bar in the hotel, which is a great idea for those guests that love to drink margaritas.
10. The Dog Bark Park Inn - Dogs are one of the most popular, beloved pets in the world, but I’m sure no-one had ever imagined taking up residence inside their 4-legged friend. A trip to Cottonwood, Idaho can change all that as you can spend a night inside a massive beagle at this odd little bed and breakfast. The main part of the room is located in the body, with the sleeping quarters housed inside the beagle’s head. All the furniture is hand carved by the owners and if you think it all sounds a little weird, then you really have to check out this cool destination.
The first sign of warm weather is enough to get some people thinking about where they would like to go on vacation this year. The problem is that the horrible economy of the last few years has left altogether too many people in a position where a vacation is simply out of the question. There is a way to get away on the cheap and it can be a ton of fun if you don’t mind roughing it a little. Camping is always a great way to get away from it all and get back to nature for a little bit, and by taking advantage of the REI coupon codes here, you can save a ton of money on the supplies that you are going to need to become one with nature this summer.
Let’s imagine for a moment that you have never been camping before and have no idea what you are going to need to take with you. If that’s the case, then it’s probably fair to assume that you will stick to a campground your first time out, which means that some of your needs will be taken care of. You are still going to need a ton of stuff though, and here are 5 that you shouldn’t be without.
1. A Tent – your tent is going to be your home away from home for the duration of your trip, so you’ll want to make sure that you get one that can stand up to the elements. There is nothing worse than a tent that is about as far from waterproof as you can get, especially when Mother Nature decides to unleash a torrent of rain on your little camping space. Get as good a tent as you can reasonably afford and if you have to go cheap, at least spring for a tarp that you can use to shelter your area.
2. Cooking Gear – there isn’t likely to be restaurant where you go, so it might be a good idea to pick up a camping stove, propane, and some decent pots to cook dinner in. A friend of mine created an award winning stove which doesn’t emit harmful carbon while at the same time it charges your mobile phone. I don’t go camping without it!
3. Warmth – you may very well be wondering how order heat online, but when it comes to camping, the best way to do it is in the form of warm clothing and a killer sleeping bag. It can get very cold at night, so it’s always smart to have several layers of clothing on at all times, as well as a sleeping bag that can hold in the heat.
4. Boots – the best part of being out in the country is when you get to go exploring. You never know what you are going to come across when you go hiking, but you aren’t going to discover anything if you head off in sandals or high heels. A good pair of hiking boots will make it easier for you to get out and about and do a little exploring.
5. Garbage Bags – Whatever you take in to the country, you have to take out. That includes any trash that you accumulate during your visit as you want to leave the area beautiful for the next camper. Bags are also a good idea for storing food, all of which should be hung away from your tent to keep bears away from your domicile. You might never encounter a bear in the wild, but you really should look at how to keep you camping area bear free, which starts with looking after your food.
We all love to sit around and share memories from happy times in our lives and nothing adds color to those stories in a way that a picture can. Cameras have come a long way in what seems like a very short period of time. I’m sure those of us of a certain age can still remember taking film into a local pharmacy or superstore and being told to return on a week for the finished prints. We can also remember the excitement when the Polaroid camera came into being, forcing us to stand there shaking a grey piece of paper until the picture came to life.
Next thing we knew, the one week wait for pictures was cut back to an hour and film was replaced by a digital card. The digital camera was like a Polaroid on steroids for those of us that grew up on film, and it changed the way in which we saved our memories. Digital is now the king of the medium and with advancements seeming to come every week, you just might find that your old digital is now a little behind the times. It doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg to upgrade, and by using our Abe’s of Maine promo codes, you can save even more when you update your photo equipment.
The great thing about having a digital camera, other than the practicality, is all the things that you can do with the pictures that you have stored on your card. Most modern televisions now have card slots where you can insert your media and look at your pictures as a slideshow. It’s the perfect way to share your memories with friends and family, without having to pass a photo album around, repeating the story behind the picture every time someone new looks at them.
Another great option is the ability to print off your pictures to traditional photo paper so that you can send them to family members who may not be as technology savvy as you. Grandma and grandpa especially will get a kick out of receiving pictures that they can hold in their hands and see, and the fact that you can save those images on a computer or other storage device means that the hard copies can be replaced or re-printed as many times as is necessary, without it ever costing you a penny.
It also helps that your precious memories can be stored on flash drives that you can put in a safe place in the event of a fire. Damage to your house can be replaced, but photographic memories cannot, so when you buy your new cameras you should really look at picking up a couple of flash drives were you can back-up all of your images. One of the great things about having a digital camera is that you can be sure that you get the perfect picture every time, but if you end up losing them all at a later date, then it’s all for naught.
Unless you are someone that lives in a town that is small enough to get around in on a bike, then you probably rely on your car to get from place to place. Sure, some big cities have an okay transit system, but that usually means scrabbling to find the correct change for a ticket or looking over your shoulder to be sure that the guy who is eyeing you up isn’t going to make a play for your wallet. The reality is that your car is perhaps the most important member of the family, but it’s also one that will go for your wallet as quickly as a transit thug when stuff goes wrong.
The vast majority of car problems can be easily avoided if you just take the time to have it regularly serviced. The sad fact is that servicing seems to fall by the wayside just like many of the other tasks that we simply can’t fit into our busy schedules. It’s not until you get that final bill from the auto shop that you realize that maintaining your car is one of those items that really has to land on your to-do list on a regular basis. If you do get hammered with car problems and want to save some money on the items that you need, then you really have to take advantage of the Street Side Auto coupon codes that can end up saving you a bundle. If you don’t want to wait until your beloved car gives up the ghost, then take a look at the 10 things that are most likely to need your attention.
Top 10 Car Maintenance Tips
1. Oil change – The engine of your car needs juice to run, and by that I don’t just mean gas. Oil is perhaps the most important element of your vehicle and if you don’t make sure that it gets changes regularly, then major components within the engine will start to fall apart. Forgetting to regularly go for a $30 oil change can end up leaving you with an engine problem that could potentially run into the thousands.
2. Check for Oil Leaks – Let’s imagine for a moment that you are on the ball and get your oil changed when you are supposed to, but are still experiencing issues. You might think that something else is wrong with your car without ever noticing that black stain on your driveway. Oil leaks are incredibly common in cars, so get in the habit of checking the space where your car was parked before rushing off.
3. Brake Maintenance – The first time that you press down on your brakes and hear a squeak or squeal is the exact moment that you should get them checked. Brake problems are more common than you might imagine and it’s the one mechanical failure that you might not be able to walk away from.
4. Tire Tread – How many times have you driven down the highway and seen pieces of shredded rubber littering the side of the road? That’s what tends to happen when a tire blows out at high speed and if you don’t take the time to make sure that the tread on your tires is good, then it could happen to you. It’s not always just a case of bald tires causing problems, with potholes and debris in the road also contributing to the damage.
5. Replace your Car Battery – With a little bit of TLC you might just find that your car will last for decades, but just don’t expect it to happen on the same battery. The average car battery is usually good for about 5 years, so while it may not need the same level of maintenance as other parts of your vehicle, make sure that you get it tested as part of your regular service schedule.
6. Ignition System – It’s somewhat automatic to assume that when you turn the key and the car doesn’t start that your battery has finally run out of juice. That may not always be the case though, and if it still won’t start after you replace the battery, then it could be the ignition system. Given the cost of repair and replacement, you’d better hope that it’s nothing more than a battery issue.
7. Change Antifreeze – We spoke earlier about watching for patches of oil under your car when you leave, but that’s not the only thing you should be keeping an eye out for. There are all kinds of different fluids that run through your engine and any one of them springing a leak could lead to major issues. Antifreeze is one that will commonly leak out and should also be flushed and replaced every few years so that it continues to work the way it is supposed to.
8. Check Air Conditioning – If you live in an area that is hot and has sticky, humid summers, then you probably rely on your air conditioning more than most. This is another area of your car that might need attention at some point during the life of your car, usually caused by leaks in the system. It’s a complicated process to repair it and is definitely something that should be left to a qualified technician. Check your Freon regularly to make sure you have air conditioning when you need it.
9. Keep a Full Tank of Gas – If you had to take a poll of people who just had their car fixed and asked them what the problem was, one of the answers that you are likely to hear is the fuel pump. It’s the curse of drivers who run their car on half a tank or less and who have done so for more than 50,000 miles at a time. While it may be one of the more common car problems, it definitely not one of the cheapest to repair, and if you take a look at the average repair cost, you’ll see that it’s worth keeping the tank full as often as possible.
10. Faulty Transmission – Most of the above repairs come with a repair bill that is somewhat manageable, but the same cannot be said for a faulty transmission. Bad transmissions can be avoided by paying attention early to signs such as noises from the gearbox, checking for leaks, and regularly changing your transmission fluid. Typically when your transmission goes bad it can be so expensive to repair that you may need to just a new one.
It may seem like a strange comparison, but in many ways our electronic devices have become almost like fashion models. We like them to be slim, and then we spend altogether too much time dressing them up with colorful accessories to make them look nicer than everyone else’s. Most of today’s mobile devices do pretty much the same things, and it’s that little touch of style that we seem to deem necessary in order to make them unique. Color seems to play a major part in many of the accessory choices we make, and with Miniinthebox coupon codes you’ll be able to make all of your devices look like they just stepped off the electronics runway.
Customize Your Mobile Phone
The great thing about many of the items available for spicing up your mobile device are incredibly affordable, meaning that your phone can look like a million bucks even though you only spent a couple. The reality is though that many of the accessories that we have taken to be items to add a little flash are in fact protective items that save your device from the wear and tear that it gets put through on a daily basis. You take a close look at anyone’s cell phone, your own included, and you can almost guarantee that it will have more than its fair share of nicks, dents, and scratches. We do love our toys, yet we don’t often do a very good job of looking after them.
Buy A Replacement Gaming Controller
That’s why when you look at purchasing accessories you’ll notice that many of them are actually replacement parts for some of our most popular toys. At the Miniinthebox site you will notice that many of those replacements are for gaming consoles which seem to be the most at risk to take a beating thanks to frustration. It makes sense that mobile phones, MP3 players, and tablets should receive some wear and tear, especially since they travel everywhere with us, but gaming systems tend to sit in the same place under the TV, never moving.
It’s the controllers that get the brunt of the abuse as players become agitated when they can’t pass a certain level in a game, or when they lose in the Super Bowl after compiling a perfect season. That can result in controllers being tossed across the room in disgust or thrown on the ground in a fit of rage that is usually reserved for petulant little kids that don’t get their own way. A quick visit to your local game store will show you just how big the demand is for replacement controllers. It’s not uncommon to see an entire wall devoted to spare parts for all the major systems, which has to tell you bad a job we do of looking after them. If you take a look online, you will also see that the mismanagement of our devices has led to sites like Miniinthebox and others making a very nice living off of our clumsiness.
We’ve spoke before on this blog about how more and more people are starting their own websites every day, and how the vast majority of them want to do it all on their own. There are all kinds of templates and free tools online that can help website entrepreneurs create their own little space on the web, but many of them are missing the features that can end up being the difference between a website that looks great and one that, well, doesn’t. The software that the pros use has all the bells and whistles that are required to take a design to the next level, but those features come at a pretty hefty price.
Adobe are recognized by most as being the company that makes the best software products for the budding designer, but with quality comes price. The good news is that the price can be greatly reduced by using the Adobe coupon codes available here at Promo Code Pal. Creative Suite is the go to software for those of you who want to do everything from designing your website, to creating your own banner and postcard ads, to creating logos and business cards that will perfectly match your total design. It’s a great way to brand your business using a single piece of software, but it also has a steep learning curve. Adobe Creative Suite is complete and includes amazing design titles like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Fireworks, and more.
The money that you save by using our Adobe coupons should leave you some extra money to buy some Adobe books that will help teach you the ins and outs of the software. You are probably going to need that, unless of course you have had some previous design experience, as your first experience after opening the Creative Suite software will be one of feeling overwhelmed. There are all manner of tools and features that make it difficult to know where to start, but you’ll find that there will be more than a few that you will probably never even have to use. Many professional photographers live by Adobe Products to enhance their images. Check out one of my favorite photographers Trey Ratcliff to see what you can do with Adobe Lightroom.
If sitting leafing through a book seems a little too old school for you, then you should check out all the free tutorials that are available online. Sometimes the best way to learn something new is to actually just jump right in to see how things work. These tutorials will show you everything that you need to know, and while they won’t make you a design master overnight, they will help you understand how the finer points of the software work in creating designs.
If you really are intent in building an online business, then you are going to have to make sure that everything you do looks professional. The best way to do that is to use a quality piece of software for every one of your company’s details.
There may be no feeling that makes you feel as free as when you are on the open road, behind the wheel of your beloved car with the music blasting. That freedom can quickly turn sour though when smoke starts billowing from the engine, or the car just dies in the middle of the street. It’s at those moments that you start praying that it’s going to be an easy fix, and that your baby won’t be taken away from you for too long. It also sinks in that if it’s not an easy fix, then you may end up having to rent a car for a few days, and that is when the dollar signs start rolling behind your eyes.
Watching your car getting taken away on a tow truck is bad enough, but waiting to see what the repair cost is going to be is even worse. With any luck it will be something simple and your wallet might be kept mostly intact, but then again you fear the worst and wait for a quote that will come back in the thousands and wipe out any chance you have of taking a summer vacation for the next few years.
You may not be able to save any money on your impending repairs, but with Payless coupon codes you can certainly save a nice chunk of change on the rental car that you are likely going to have to get until your wheels are ready for the road again. The cost of a car rental has come down considerably over the past few years, especially if you are planning on sticking around town and not driving cross country. Even with the relatively affordable pricing, it’s still nice to know that you can use one of our coupon codes to save up to 7% off that final bill.
While that may put your mind at ease, you shouldn’t get so relaxed at the rental car office that you miss out on some crucial details. You will want to make sure that you get a quote on everything so that there are no surprises when you return your rental car. You can really get nailed with gas and mileage fees if you don’t take the time to ask about that when you are renting. Most places will require you to bring back the car with the fuel at the same level it was at when you drove it off the lot. If you don’t, they will charge you a price per gallon that will make the price you pay at the pump right now seem totally acceptable.
You also must see if there are any visible marks, dings, or dents on the car before you drive off, making sure that someone from the rental company takes note of them. If there is a dent in the car and no-one sees it, then you can be sure that the cost to fix that will be tacked on to your bill. Most major rental companies will automatically do a pre-inspection with you, so make sure that you stick with a known company like Payless.
If we are all completely honest with ourselves, then we should be able to openly admit that we have at one time or another played a little air guitar to one of our favorite tunes. Sometimes it’s a little bit of rocking out in the shower where you can play your air guitar in private, but there are even more who will get their fake guitar grooves on at the club. Perhaps the most impressive of the air guitarists are those who stand on one leg and then use their other leg as the instrument.
What people don’t seem to realize is that they would look way cooler with the real thing, and they can now get a cool instrument by taking advantage of the Guitar Center promo codes available here. With the money you have left over by using a coupon, you might just have enough to pay for a couple of lessons. Maybe with those lessons and some dexterity of the fingers you’ll be able to reach the same type of guitar legend status as the following ten players:
- Jimi Hendrix – although he was taken from us too soon, Hendrix did enough to make his mark in the guitar world. Setting fire to his guitar while playing live and his legendary rendition of The Star Spangled Banner are the moments that most often come to mind when his name is mentioned. My personal favorite Hendrix songs are Purple Haze, Little Wing, Red House, and All Along the Watch Tower although I could listen to any of his songs and be in heaven.
- Eric Clapton – the guitar riff in “Layla” is perhaps one of the most recognizable in the world. The first few chords play and you know exactly what you are listening to. Old Slow Hand has carved a musical career that seems to re-bloom with each new decade. His signature sound is still very much in demand as a session player for artists that want a specific sound on their album. His unplugged album is what put him back on the map with a newer generation, and rightfully so.
- Jimmy Page – the combination of Page’s power guitar riffs and Robert Plant’s signature high pitched voice made Led Zeppelin a rock force to be reckoned with. That the pair never really achieved any real solo success after Zeppelin split is testament to how great they were when they were together. They has a brief reunion a few years ago, although under the moniker Page and Plant rather than using the Led Zeppelin name.
- B.B. King – there is no denying that rock ’n’ roll has its roots in the blues, with the Rolling Stones in particular claiming that the blues sound played a major part in their music. You can’t talk about great blues guitarists without mentioning B.B. King. The mark of a truly great guitarist is having a sound that makes their music instantly recognizable, and that’s what you get with B.B. I saw BB King play live with Buddy Guy in Las Vegas about 10 years ago and aside from loving the show, I was so impressed that he could still rock out at his age. 10 years later he is still touring.
- The Edge – there are very few bands that arrived on the scene in the 1980’s who are still relevant today, and in fact, U2 may very well be the only one. While the majority of that can be attributed to the fact that they still write great tunes, but some it also has to be down to the great guitar sounds that are produced by The Edge. I’m sure he will point to one of the high points of his career as when he got to play alongside B.B. King on the Rattle & Hum album and tour.
- Eddie Van Halen – Van Halen fans spend an inordinate amount of time arguing id the band was better with David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar as the front man, but the one thing that they all agree on is that Eddie’s guitar was the driving force behind the band’s successes. The fact that Van Halen flourished with both singers says more about the guitar sound than anything else.
- Angus Young – AC/DC are another band that has stood the test of time, as well as a different singer after the death of Bon Scott. Once again it was the guitar licks that held the band together and kept the fans begging for more. If you see AC/DC live, you realize that Young is as much of a front man as Brian Johnson. The trademark schoolboy outfit and duckwalking antics make it impossible to take your eyes off of him.
- Carlos Santana – not only is Santa a great guitar player, he basically created a brand new sound that was a fusion of rock, jazz, and blues with a distinctly Latin influence. He has maintained his popularity for decades, but gained a whole new set of younger fans when he collaborated with Rob Thomas in the 90’s for the smash hit “Smooth.” I saw Santana play live in Concord, CA about 7 years ago when he toured with Ozomatli. His energy is infectious and he sounds even better in person.
- Pete Townshend – although The Who may be known to most younger kids as the band that does the theme song for CSI, there is no denying the influence they had on the rock ‘n’ roll scene back in the day. Townshend’s guitar styling had a lot to do with that success, and his trademark windmill playing style is now copied by bar band dudes the world over. You also have to wonder how much he spent on new guitars given that he smashed one to pieces at the end of every live performance.
- Matt Bellamy – If you look at the current crop of popular musicians, it’s hard to see too many artists that are going to be around 10-20 years from now, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a couple. I thought it would be cool to round out this top 10 with one guitarist that seems to be head and shoulders above the rest right now, and who may be on many lists to come in the years ahead. That would be Matt Bellamy of Muse, and if you haven’t heard of him, then you have to take a look at one of their live videos, as they may very well be one of the best live bands in the world.
There is no greater joy than raising children, but as wonderful as the experience is, it also becomes quickly apparent that with it comes a great responsibility. You most likely want your kids to grow up to be knowledgeable, confident, worldly, and successful and wondering where you should start. Kids like young Adora Svitak are accomplishing amazing feats these days. Adora is only 12 years old but has given a powerful Ted Talk on the capacity kids have for learning and how parents can nurture this in their own kids. This type of young intelligence may not be every parents wish, but you’re not alone if it is. The question is what does a new parent do to start their child down this path?
Toys are a big deal, as you want to be sure that you pick those which will help your child learn as they play. You want your little ones to have fun, but if there can be some sort of educational value in there, then all the better. Zulily is a great place to find exactly what you need for your baby, and they may be able to cut down on the average $225,000 it costs to raise a child to the age of 18. Zulily promo codes are a great way to start those savings, although their prices are incredible even if you didn’t have an extra coupon. They have daily deals where you can save up to 90% off the regular price of all the amazing items that they have in stock, which includes clothes and shoes, maternity clothing, accessories for the home, as well as toys and games. We’ve put together a list of the top 10 educational toys to give your kids a headstart on becoming the next Mark Zuckerberg of their generation.
- Leap Frog Learning Tablet – adults have become increasingly dependent on smartphones and tablet PC’s to perform their daily tasks, so it should only make sense that the technology should be used for little ones too. The Learning Tablet is for kids aged 4-9, and comes packed with e-books and educational games where kids can use their imagination to create stories of their own.
- Snap Circuits Jr. SC-100 – it’s becoming increasingly important for children to have a grasp of electronics and technology, and the Snap Circuits Jr. allows kids aged 8-12 to choose from 100 different cool little gadgets that they can build and watch come to life.
- Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Baby’s First Blocks – colored blocks that come in different shapes have been a standard toy for babies before electronics where ever even thought of. There is a reason why they are still so popular with the 6 month to 3 year old child. It helps them to quickly start to identify those shapes and colors and, pardon the pun, are a perfect building block for everything that they will learn later on.
- Vtech Sit To Stand Learning Walker – one of the greatest moments in any parent life comes when their child take those tentative first steps. The Vtech walker is a combination of walking helper and educational toy. It can be laid flat for babies to play the great sound, color, and shape games on the front, or propped up for when baby wants to d=start pushing it around in an attempt to walk.
- Vtech InnoTech Learning tablet – much like the tablet mentioned earlier, the Vtech version comes with a bunch of applications that kids will love. It even has a built-in MP3 player so that they can listen to their favorite tunes. They can also watch videos and look at family pictures on there.
- Melissa and Doug Wooden Hands Counting Peg Puzzle – as much as electronics have become essential in development of our kids, it’s nice for parents to know that old school puzzle toys are still equally as effective. This puzzle comes with two hand prints where colored and numbered pegs have to be inserted puzzle style. It’s a perfect hand-eye co-ordination toy for kids aged 2-4. It may seem like a simple toy, but you must see just how important hand-eye co-ordination is in the healthy development of a child.
- Leap Frog Scribble and Write – another toy that has a definite tablet type feel to it, but this one is different in that it focuses more on getting your 3-5 year old to learn how to write. It does so by displaying letter and numbers on the screen in connect the dots type style. Your child then follows the pattern, learning how to write in the process.
- Playskool Alphie – Alphie is a cool little robot that teaches you kids about letters and numbers, while entertaining them with music and some fun chatter. The great thing about Alphie is that you can buy additional packs so that you can change up the games or make them a little more difficult as your kids start to learn and advance.
- Leap Frog My Own LeapTop – as you may have already guessed from the name, this is another electronic device that looks like a brightly colored laptop for kids. This one is loaded with learning games that will teach them about letters, numbers, and animals, and all the while making them think they are big kids because they are using a cool computer like mom and dad has.
- Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Smart Screen Laptop – this is an altogether different animal from the “laptop” mentioned above. This one is designed for babies rather than toddlers, and the keyboard area features a number of big, brightly colored buttons that will teach little ones the basics of letters and numbers when they are pressed.
As you can see, many of today’s top toys have technology and computers at their core, which really is a true sign of the way in which our world has changed since we were kids. There are still some great old school toys out there for parents who want their kids to learn in a more traditional environment.
It’s tough to say when it happened, but in the style and fashion world someone deemed that there be a certain age that men and women have to start dressing in a particular manner. For men, 30 seems to be the age where jeans and a graphic tee have to be shelved in favor of a pair of perfectly pressed pants with a golf shirt tucked neatly in at the waist. All piercings should also be removed and tattoos somehow covered up so as to be more in line with the public perception of a grown man should look like.
Thankfully, the majority of men are choosing to shun conformity and have decided that the graphic t should remain a crucial part of their wardrobe. That’s not to say that men have completely given up on looking somewhat respectable, and there are actually levels of graphic tees that range from the mild print to the shockingly garish. At the top end of that fashion volume scale are the colorful t-shirt’s worn by men who seem to pull them out of the closet whenever a major UFC event is about to go down. Those shirts tend to be covered in shields, crosses and skulls, and are worn by men that seem to believe that the best fitting tee is a size or 2 smaller than what they really need.
Those guys that like their shirt style to be a little more subdued will probably enjoy the Gap promo codes that will allow them to get free shipping when they spend 50 bucks or more. The graphic tees that are available there are a little more tasteful, although there are some that straddle the line of good taste, albeit in a humorous way. If you are one of those men that feels that a complete style make under is required as you get older, then going with a conservative graphic t is one way to ease into your new life painlessly.
The reality is though that the graphic t has become the go to fashion for men, and women, of all ages. It’s perhaps because there are so many different styles to choose from that can easily be matched to your personality. It also helps that many of the shirts that are now popular feature company logos and iconic figures that we grew up with as kids. Its also probably the reason for the rise of website like Threadless which allow users to create their own graphic tee which if selected is then sold to members on the site with a small cut of the sales going to the designer. Sometimes it’s nostalgia rather than fashion that make some people choose one graphic t over another.
Wearing a graphic tee isn’t really a sign of immaturity or that you are moving into your 30’s kicking and screaming. It’s just that they have become the fashion statement that everyone has to wear now, and if you don’t think that’s the case then you really must look at the number of online t-shirt shops that has sprung up over the last few years. If you are on the wrong side of 30 and are thinking that it’s time to make that fashion swap, then look around and see that there is safety in numbers before slipping on your Superman t-shirt.
The bad economy of the last few years caused many families to considerably downsize, and for many that meant moving into a smaller residence. People that were forced to make that move quickly came to realize how difficult it can be to furnish a small space without making it look cramped. The good news is that there are all kinds of great tips online to help those who have serious design issues with a space of any size. It’s oftentimes just easier to get rid of everything in a single room and start from scratch, especially if you want to add a new color to the walls that is completely at odds with everything that you own.
Re-furnishing an entire room can end up being a costly venture, but by using Overstock.com coupon codes you can save a bunch of money and have that space looking great at a fraction of what you might normally expect to pay. The great thing about Overstock is that there always seems to be incredible pieces of furniture that look like a million bucks, but are listed at prices that seem ridiculously low. To top it all off, all that you will ever pay for shipping is $2.95, even if you have ordered a massive sofa or cabinet.
Even if you don’t want to re-do your entire room, Overstock has all manner of accessories and knick knacks which can be added to your space so that it jives with your new color. With the prices so low, and the help of the Promo Code Pal coupons, it’s easy to get carried away when you see how much stuff is available. Even with that kind of financial savings at hand, people still tend to get a little gun shy, simply because they don’t think they have what it takes to put a room together. Seeing the pieces that you love is one thing, but figuring out how to organize and accessorize is quite another.
Again, this is where the internet comes to your aid, and you really must see how a great room is put together before you can do it yourself. There are countless websites that are devoted to interior design, and seeing a finished space might give you some great ideas on how to place furniture in the room, as well as showing how to mix and match colors that you might never have thought go well together. Two of my favorite websites for apartment and home interior design is Apartment Therapy and Design Sponge.
With summer right around the corner, many families are starting to think about where they are going to spend their vacation this year. While exotic locales may sound wonderful, a combination of budget and fear can often get in the way that makes people just not want to pull the trigger on those types of deals. The money side is understandable, but the fear often stems from not knowing what to expect when you travel abroad. The food is different, you might not understand the languages, and then what do you do if you get sick? You can pretty much guarantee that you are not going to find a Walgreen’s in Egypt, so if you come down with an upset belly, what the heck are you supposed to take?
The good news is that there are plenty of great beach destinations here in your own backyard, and you can use one of our Walgreens coupon codes to pick up all the stuff that you might need for your summer trip. You can save a bundle by shopping online, which will give you a little extra cash to load up on sunscreen, beach toys, and anything else that you might want to take with you to one of these incredible US destinations:
- Maui – taking a trip to Hawaii almost feels as though you are travelling abroad, but without the hassle of having to go through money exchanges or learning a new language. The beaches in Maui are like being stranded on a desert island, with Kapalua Beach being one of the major draws. A Great place to indulge in some water sports or just lay back and soak up the sun. Don’t forget to remove your lei so that you get a nice even tan.
- Miami Beach – another tropical paradise right on your own doorstep. This is a popular vacation spot so you will be sure to find plenty to do during your stay. Great for those who love to do a little deep sea fishing as part of their relaxation, but if you want a real slice of adventure, then head to Haulover Beach, where you can strip down and get a full Florida tan.
- Outer Banks – most people think about Florida and California when they think of beaches in the US, but the Carolina’s have a few great ones of their own. The Outer Banks in North Carolina is an absolutely beautiful spot and is jam packed with things to do for the whole family. The area consists of four islands: Bodie Island, Roanoke Island, Hatteras Island, and Ocracoke Island. You can just spend a day at the beach or take the short trip to see the North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island. The area has some significant historical value as well being the spot where the Wright Brother’s first powered heavier than air flight took place in December 1903.
- Hilton Head – not to be outdone by their neighbors to the north, South Carolina has its own little beach paradise on Hilton Head. This is the ideal spot for sun lovers, but also for those that like to hit the greens. Hilton head is home to some of the most stunning golf courses in the country, although that’s one place where the sand isn’t quite so appealing.
- Laguna Beach – this is a truly beautiful spot that offers a little something for everyone. It’s home to tons of great art’s festivals, has a myriad of watersports activities just waiting for you to try, and also is the perfect place to do a little shopping in one of the many unique shops that line the village streets. Laguna Beach really is an example of California at her best. You might also want to eat at one of my absolute favorite oceanside restaurants called Splashes at the Surf and Sand Resort.
- Clearwater – if you have never taken a trip to Florida, then you really have to take a look and see what you are missing. It would be easy to make a top 10 list of beach destinations simply using this one state. Clearwater is a great spot for a romantic getaway, and there might be nothing sweeter than sipping a glass of champagne with your loved one as you watch the sun setting over the Gulf Coast.
- Nantucket – if it’s a beach vacation that you are looking for, then Massachusetts is definitely a summer trip, but you can easily go year round to sample some of the magnificent seafood that is on offer. Beautiful harbors and statuesque lighthouses dot the landscape along this most magnificent of coastlines which lies just 30 miles south of Cape Cod. Aside from being known as the home of Tom and Tom from Nantucket Nectars, Nantucket is also known for having the oldest operating windmill in the United States (since 1976) and was also where the NBC show ‘Wings’ was filmed.
- Fort Lauderdale – if Miami Beach is the party town of Florida, then Fort Lauderdale represents the more laid back approach to life by the sea. There are over 20 miles of golden sand in the area, which means a whole lot of lying around doing nothing while you work on getting bronzed. There are also a host of great sights and attractions to visit, and all at a more relaxed pace.
- Southampton – if you like the idea of rubbing shoulder with celebrities, then this might very well be the spot for you. The is where some big names make the short haul from New York City to come and enjoy the beaches, shopping, and great cuisine that is on offer all year round.
- Kauai – we started this list in Hawaii and that is where we are going to end it as well. Kauai is known as the Garden Island for a reason, as it is home to breathtaking foliage, waterfalls, and other natural beauties that will leave you a little breathless. Great beaches and all the watersports that you can ever imagine make this another perfect beach destination.
Those are just 10 of the great beach spots in the United States, but your vacation doesn’t just have to be about sun and sand. This country is home to some great cities, where there may be no beach, but there is just about anything else that would make your vacation perfect. The next time you start leafing through a holiday brochure for a trip abroad, take a look out of your own back window and see what’s there instead
We have become more and more dependent on our computers for everything that we do. So much so in fact, that there is more personal information tucked away on our hard drives than we could ever even imagine. For some it may be an online journal with their darkest secrets, for others it may be an embarrassing pornography collection, and yet for others it could be the passwords to all their financial institutions. That is why it’s vitally important to make sure that all your information is backed up somewhere else, and that your computer is protected by a top of the line ant-virus software. It’s bad enough when your computer gets stolen, but even worse when your information gets hacked or destroyed because you couldn’t be bothered protecting it. If you’re still not convinced that you need to take immediate action to protect your data from unexpected mayhem, then just look at the damage that has been done by the world’s worst computer viruses.
- ILOVEYOU – what many people took to be a loving message from someone they know was actually a horrific e-mail attachment that caused billions of dollars in damage by the time it was finally wiped out. The attachment was labeled A-LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU, but instead of sugar coated sentiments, opening the e-mail meant a complete wipeout of your system
- CIH: Chernobyl Virus – what made this one so bad was that it went completely undetected for long periods of time. It would only kick in when a new application was opened, taking them out one by one until the entire system was destroyed. To make matters even worse, it would work its way into BIOS and make the computer unable to start at all.
- Melissa Virus – another virus that came via an e-mail attachment, usually in MD Word format. What made it so bad was that the e-mail looked like it was coming from someone that you knew. Once you opened the Word document, the virus was alive and well on your computer and would then send out similar e-mails to the top 50 people in your contact list. This one spread like wildfire and wiped out a ton of information.
- Code Red Virus – what made this one so bad was that it came right on the heels of ILOVEYOU and caused further damage to those who were still in the recovery process. Code Red targeted certain Windows systems, but its biggest score was taking down the White House server.
- Bagle Virus- Another virus that was delivered via e-mail, although this one had loftier goals than its predecessors. The previous e-mail viruses targeted Microsoft Outlook, but Bagle didn’t discriminate against all the other e-mail providers and the contacts contained within. While 2004 was supposed to be the end date of Bagle, it still has a few subtle variations out there doing some damage.
Those are only 5 of the many computer viruses that can be making the rounds at any given time, and if you still don’t think that’s enough to make you purchase antivirus software, then you must take a look at some of the other shocking stats surrounding viruses and the damage that they do. If you want to protect yourself, forget downloading free antivirus software because those don’t work. They are not updated with the latest virus beating updates. Use a Norton coupon code and get the latest Norton antivirus to protect your computer from viruses.
Cell phones are still a new enough technology that most of us can remember the original ones that were gargantuan pieces of equipment that needed a suitcase to hold the battery. The technology developed very quickly though, and now smartphones can do everything from waking you up in the morning, to plotting the best route to work, all the way up to firing Angry Birds at a horde of nasty pigs. If you are one of those that believe that mobile phones are going to be a fad that will pass in the next few years, then you must see the statistics of worldwide usage to get an idea of just how quickly the dependence on mobile devices is growing.
It’s not only the mobile providers who are cashing in on the cell phone boom, as there is now a cottage industry of companies that are making applications and accessories to make you phone do great things and look a little nicer in the process. The feeling is that if someone is going to drop a few hundred bucks on the latest and greatest phone, then they probably won’t mind shelling out a little more to make it completely unique and personalized.
It used to be that a cover or some sort of carrying case was enough for the average cell phone, but as more and more features started to be added to the newer models, it created a need for some other items. Headphones became essential so that music could be enjoyed anywhere, memory cards needed to be larger to hold all the pictures and videos that people took with their phones, and Bluetooth headsets to take calls without having to pull the phone out. It doesn’t help that some accessories are only compatible with certain brands, which means changing out every time you get a new phone.
If you have just purchased a new phone or are thinking of making a switch, then chances are you are going to want to get some cool new accessories. Before you go rushing out to buy a whole batch of goodies, take a look at the Lets Talk coupon codes that are available here at Promo Code Pal. You could get 25% off of your new accessories, which is a great savings and may actually be more than enough to let you get that killer set of headphones that you didn’t think you would be able to afford.
You’ll find that the LetsTalk website has everything that you need to dress up your cell phone and make it look like a million bucks, or $750,000 if you take the 25% discount into consideration. There are so many items to choose from that it may actually be difficult to know where to begin, although a cell phone charger is usually a good place to start. You may very well have one that is in perfect working order, but you can almost guarantee that it will be the first of your accessories that will mysteriously disappear.
Back in the early days of the internet, websites were solely reserved for big companies that could afford the thousands of dollars that it took to design and maintain a site that today would look like a caveman drawing. The design process may have moved on, but so has the type of people that are now dominating the internet landscape. That shift came when blogging and social networking exploded, with everyone and their dog seeming to want a piece of the online action. Now you will find all sorts of blogs devoted to just about any subject that you care to mention, with some of them actually alleged to be written by the family pet.
That sort of creativity is fantastic, but in order to really make your site stand out and look professional, it’s important to get a domain name. Sites such as Blogger will gladly give you a free blog and design to get your word out, but what you end up left with is a design that thousands of other people are potentially using, as well as a long winded name, complete with Blogger extension, that is virtually impossible for anyone to remember.
A unique domain name just makes it easier for visitors to find you, as well as just adding a touch of professionalism to your overall online presence. Promo Code Pal has the perfect thing to help you achieve that, and that is a GoDaddy coupon code that will get you 35% off of the price of your new domain name registration. That’s a substantial savings that will leave some money in your pocket so that you can really trick out your blog or website with some of the other great features that GoDaddy have on offer for their customers.
For example, if you want to use your site to sell affiliate products or something that you have created on your own, then it’s not only essential to have a professional domain name, it’s also a good idea to install some sort of shopping cart on your site. You want visitors to trust that your little part of the web world can be trusted, and those basic additions will go a long way towards instilling that trust. Of course, simply having a different name isn’t enough to make your website stand out from the rest, especially if you stick with a tired old template that is seen on thousands of other site.
Originality is important, and you really have to check out the GoDaddy website builder that will allow you to unleash your inner graphic designer and create a website that really is all your own. Choosing your own color palate, images and logos is a great way to make you’re the design of your site instantly tell visitors what you are about, as well as making you appear truly unique. There are tons of other way to make your site pop and who knows; perhaps you will become the next big online blogger star.
It’s almost the end of another tax season and for some folks that means glad tidings as they wait on a big refund coming back from the government. Some will pay off bills, and others will update their homes with a new look, but then there will be some that will want to take that money and go blow off some steam. There may be no better place to do that than in fabulous Las Vegas, and if that’s somewhere that you have never been before, then you don’t know what you are missing.
Walking down the Las Vegas strip really is like taking a walk on the surface of some alien planet. Where else could you see the New York skyline, an Egyptian pyramid, and the Eiffel Tower all in one place? That could only be Las Vegas, and all of those landmarks are actually part of some incredible hotels, all of which exude a little slice of luxury. Stepping inside any one of the major hotels on the strip will instantly make you think that you are in a place that is financially out of your reach, but you’d actually be surprised at how affordable they all really are.
You now have the chance to save even more money courtesy of the Cheap O Stay coupon code that will get you an additional $20 off of the hotel of your choice. Almost all of the hotels have a theme of some sort, and you can choose by whichever one fills out your wildest fantasies. Perhaps you have always dreamed of hunting down a mummy in Egypt, then the Luxor is for you. Or perhaps your goal has always been to take a gondola ride with the one you love; if that’s the case, then head for the Venetian.
Las Vegas is so much more than just gambling, although you’d be missing out if you didn’t take at least one spin of the reels or roll of the dice. There is so much more to see and do, and you could actually spend a couple of days just going from hotel to hotel and checking out their magnificent interiors. Each of them has great shopping and restaurants inside and you could literally sample cuisine from all over the world at one of the many 5-star restaurants. You might even want to fill your face at one of the great Vegas buffets that are on offer, with the one at the Rio Suites being particularly fantastic.
You can’t leave Vegas without going to a show though, and at any given time you will be able to check out a whole host of world class performers live on stage. Getting tickets for some of the major shows can be difficult, so try to book ahead as soon as you have booked your trip with Cheap O Stay. You could buy a nice new sofa or pay off that credit card with your refund, or you could head to Las Vegas and maybe come back with even more money than you went with.